Natural ways to help reduce estrogen and improve testosterone levels:
- Lose weight – More importantly, lose body fat. Excess body fat is linked to excess estrogen.
- Short, intense exercise – 8 repetitions totaling a twenty-minute routine with strength training increases testosterone and reduces estrogen. Proceed with caution and under the direction of a medical professional!
- Consume ZINC – Foods such as cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts), shellfish, lean meat, nuts, and beans. These are shown to regulate estrogen and increase testosterone.
- Avoid environmental estrogens – It’s impossible to avoid all environmental estrogens. However, avoiding meat products from animals raised with synthetic hormones is a right place to start. Plastic food wraps or food containers can leach estrogen into food. Shampoos and toiletries that contain parabens also include estrogens. Avoid these products when possible.
- Reduce soy and flax products – Both are very high in phytoestrogens. Many scientists believe that foods containing these products increase estrogen levels.
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol intake – Alcohol interferes with liver and kidney function, which in turn affects the body’s ability to regulate estrogen, testosterone and growth hormone.
- Limit or eliminate sugar and processed foods from your diet; increase healthy fats – mono and polyunsaturated as well as healthy saturated fats; vitamin D supplementation up to 8,000 iu., daily; reduce stress (cortisol) and get a good night’s sleep.
Four oral supplements that help reduce estrogen and enhance testosterone levels:
- Zinc Orotate
- Resveratrol derived from grape skin.
Other beneficial supplements:
- Wild Nettle Root (or Nettle Leaves) – Often used to produce prostate medicines. Nettles contain compounds that act as natural estrogen blockers. Also helps with liver detoxification.
- Chrysin – This flavonoid is found in passionflowers, honey, and bee propolis. Proponents argue that it blocks estrogen and increases testosterone.
- Maca – A cruciferous plant that contains many vitamins and valuable nutrients, providing a host of benefits, including enhanced fertility and estrogen blocking effects.
- Grape Seed Extract.
At Man Alive, LLC we look forward to being your partner in health. Please call or visit our website and schedule today.
All information provided is based on expert consensus, our professional experience, and personal opinion.