How’s your winter health? As virus’ and bacteria rage war on the human species primarily in the northern hemisphere, consider the following tips when managing yourself through these frigid months:
- STAY HYDRATED (water 80-120 oz./day) – Helps support a strong immune response and reduces episodes of bloody noses, hemorrhoids, and fissures (anal cracking/drying).
- FIND TIME TO EXERCISE – Don’t let these months keep you home-bound. 30 min. of productive exercise at least 3 times a week.
- EAT HEALTHY – Avoid an overindulgence of those comfort foods. Eat your fruits and veggies. Have a smoothie.
- VITAMIN/MINERAL SUPPLEMENTATION – Calcium/magnesium/zinc with vitamin C/D and a B complex supplement will help boost your immune system.
- GOOD NIGHTS REST – 7-8 hrs. We are more susceptible to infection at this time of the year, and a good nights rest helps recharge our hormones improving our immune response.
- KEEP WARM – Plan ahead and dress appropriately for the conditions.
- NASAL SALINE (simply saline or ocean) – What and why? Dust/allergen exposure and drying of our nasal passages can lead to possible upper respiratory symptoms. Rinsing and moisturizing these passages can help prevent secondary infections.
- LIGHT THERAPY – Can be very beneficial depending on your location and sun exposure.
Please call, drop us a line or come by for a visit any time.
We hope you all have a happy and productive 2017.
Remember Health leads to Happiness.
Man Alive Team